Thursday, July 31, 2014

Spring break to Springfield, IL

Yay, another trip. This time this one was closer to home. For Spring break, Uncle Jesse wanted to go to Springfield, Illinois. Though we left earlier in the afternoon, we didn't make it to Springfield until after dark. So the next morning, bright and early, we went to see Lincoln's Tomb first. It wasn't even open yet so we had fun walking around the grounds. When the tomb was open, Mom didn't take any pics of me, but she did take pics of the head stone plagues and stuff that I don't have shared on here. 
See, I'm there.

Just sittn'

Interesting read

This is really sad. No direct descendants Lincoln exist.

Didn't notice my shirt was sorta messed up. Going down the stairs from the tomb to the temporary resting place. 

I have no idea what it says.

This is a pretty marble and stone well

As you can see in a closer up, it's all filled up.

Me and Mom. She's not really photogenic but this is her best pic. 

I wonder if this was ever built.

Then after that, we went to the first capital building. The whole historical part of Springfield is breath taking; better than our historical third ward in Milwaukee, not that it's not beautiful, but this was slightly better in our opinion. 
Outside the capital building

I accept the deliveries, Sir.

I am not a tomato but I am fresh.

Second level, sorta in the middle of the four way stair way.

In front of the life size statues of Abraham and Mary Lincoln on the way to our final stop.

So our final stop at our sight seeing in Springfield, in exception to Uncle Jesse visiting their police station while Mom and I stayed in the car and watched 'South Park' for an hour and a half, was to Lincoln's small neighborhood. We had to watch some historical film first, which was sad, and then we waited for our tour group. Mom was able to get a pic of me in front of the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment